Feb 22, 2008

Pending Changes...


Okay. So...I stay at home day after day, I raise my son do some occasional cleaning, lots of eating, minor sleeping. I happen to enjoy my job quite well. However today, I came to the realization that my life for the next FOUR+ years is in the hands of SOME Dental School Admissions office somewhere out there. Creepy.
I don't know where those hands have been.

Yeah So, we got a call from UNLV (Las Vegas) the other day and......Husband drove out there to interview at their Dental School on Thursday!! really? This late in the game? Can my future change this much (NY to NV) in one day! YEP.
Let's Rewind for a sec. While Husband was in his last year at Cal State Fullerton it was decided he was going to attend Dental School (with the hopes of getting into a school) He went to tour the campus at UNLV to, you know, shoot the breeze, find out how competitive his scores were and to just check the school out, see how they really did things in Vegas. Turned out, he was told his scores were pretty competitive and his "genetic make-up" scored him a good chance of getting in (this was said unofficially of course) So....UNLV was all the craze. Husband's #1 choice and he was all about the school, the people, the housing, you name it. We were set.
So Now....Time went by after submitting his applications (6 months) He's had several interviews (better then expected) and has been accepted to NYU Dental School! Yipee. Anything from UNLV?? Nope. Nothing. We heard nothing until 7 days ago!! why. I mean, YES the housing is better and we will be closer to home, yada yada. I was just warming up to the idea of living in a New York summer. (as yucky as it may sound cause we all know the summers there are far from pleasant) I was accepting the fact that we were going to live 3,000 miles from home and we were going to start a new! (whatever that's supposed to mean)
For now my fate lies in someone else's hands (who doesn't even know me)
we will know MARCH 6th. dun dunn dunnn.....

5 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW! that is definitely not fun. But im sure all your family is pullin for UNLV right? I hope things all work out the way they are supposed to. Ive told Matt a lot that if we were to move again Vegas would be the place, close enough, yet far enough! I'll be thinking of you guys!

Molly Malia said...

i remember when you were thinking that you didn't think you wanted to live in nyc... and like you said, you warmed up to it... pros and cons gina... thats what always have to do... it sucks cause you don't get to do what you want... but what is better. if you have to do vegas, make sure you have a pool... but you can also drive home on long holiday weekends... you'd save money... but then again, when are you ever going to have a chance to live in nyc??? i'm not helping am i? just rambling, better go... love you, i'll be thinking of you guys... you'll know what to do!

Jess Schonberg said...

Las Vegas is exciting too!! We will come and see you guys in either plac..although vegas is closer but I love NYC! Anyway plan a trip to Utah soon!

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I remember that feeling while Sean was applying for graduate school, but it all worked out in the end!

We have some best friends who moved to Vegas for medical school and they were worried about the heat, etc. too. But they LOVE it now! They hope to just stay there forever, and they actually really love the summers. They have found a lot of indoor things to do with their kids and they swim a lot. I guess it would be a trade for you...NY winters or Vegas summers. Plus they love that it's such a short trip back home to So. Cal.

The Blakes said...

Can't wait to hear! It was so fun seeing you guys! I wish we lived closer. Well if you end up in Vegas we will have to visit if we ever drive to California!