Inquire Within:
My poor sweet baby needs your help. {and I of course}
This boy has thee WORST diaper rash to date.
I have no idea why, I don't know where it came from.
It has progressively gotten worse over the past few days.
He is no stranger to diaper rashes, getting one a week for sure.
He just has super sensitive skin to his own kryptonite. {poo}
I would post a picture to show just how bad this one is,
if there wasn't strict rules against that and because it's on his
nether regions of course...
I'm out of ideas...what do i do?...
I have:
- Caked on the Desitin & covered it with Baby Powder {religiously}
- Put a couple tablespoons {maybe cups} of baking soda into his bath
- Tried caking on Butt Paste
- Caked on Triderma Baby: Severe Diaper Rash {$15 bucks; might I add}
- Allowed him to be nature boy {nude} for a bit; with minor oopsies.
The one thing I have NOT tried that I'm convinced will help him out is POTTY TRAINING.
Trust me guys, he's sooo not ready.
He poops mid-run I'm sure.
I just want this to go away. I hate to see him in pain.
He DREADS diaper changes
{crying: "no no no" while I'm laying him down & setting up shop}
can you help this boy!?
This boy has thee WORST diaper rash to date.
I have no idea why, I don't know where it came from.
It has progressively gotten worse over the past few days.
He is no stranger to diaper rashes, getting one a week for sure.
He just has super sensitive skin to his own kryptonite. {poo}
I would post a picture to show just how bad this one is,
if there wasn't strict rules against that and because it's on his
nether regions of course...
I'm out of ideas...what do i do?...
I have:
- Caked on the Desitin & covered it with Baby Powder {religiously}
- Put a couple tablespoons {maybe cups} of baking soda into his bath
- Tried caking on Butt Paste
- Caked on Triderma Baby: Severe Diaper Rash {$15 bucks; might I add}
- Allowed him to be nature boy {nude} for a bit; with minor oopsies.
The one thing I have NOT tried that I'm convinced will help him out is POTTY TRAINING.
Trust me guys, he's sooo not ready.
He poops mid-run I'm sure.
I just want this to go away. I hate to see him in pain.
He DREADS diaper changes
{crying: "no no no" while I'm laying him down & setting up shop}
can you help this boy!?
Update:
Thank you all for your words of advice. I think we've had a breakthrough...{for this rash at least}
He does get yeast infections kinda often, so I'm some what familiar with what they look like.{I have different Meds depending on what it looks like to me, I apply} This one didn't seem like that to me. Open sores & patches of raw skin. It looked like it hurt so bad!! I never thought of it being related to teething, that is a strong possibility. He still needs all 4 two year molars...
He's had diarrhea and that ALWAYS gives him a bad rash instantly!
I'm telling you...he has the most sensitive skin....
it's not even funny. He goes #2 like 4 times a day, which causes the rashes to get out of hand real quick. This morning he pooped & I went
to change him immediately before the real damage set in. I went prepared with a game pulled up on my iphone, even fished out a pacifier and stuck that in his mouth. I was able to clean & apply loads of desitin without a peep from him. {just major squirming}
It seems to be drying up
and the raw bleeding areas are scabbing over.
I honestly just don't understand where they are coming from.
My pediatrician isn't really much help.
I hope to find a good one here in Vegas real soon.
I have cut out different foods here & there trying
to see if I can tell a difference & nothing seems to work.
I REALLY think he's seriously allergic to poo....is that possible?....


13 comments:
I would take him to your Ped. Ours gave us a prescription for a creme, and it worked. Im not exactly sure what it looks like, but Jackson's wouldnt go away until we got this Rx.
have you tried the "butt paste"? that is the only thing i could think of. i guess i got lucky my kids never had a bad rash. have you tried pull ups? even if he isn't ready they might be better than diapies because they are looser and lighter. hope it goes away!
There were a couple of times Owen got a rash so bad, he would cry and his little body would shake when I tried to wipe him. I knew it wasn't a normal rash, so I called his Dr. The nurse said it was most likely a yeast infection (yes, little boys can get them too) and she just called in a prescription for it, which cleared it right up. She also said to not use wipes on him bottom, because it can just irritate the rash, and to rinse him off after a poo. So I would wipe, then rinse it good and let it air dry. I hope poor little Elion gets cleared up from it soon!
If it is yeast( little red dots that can ooze or patches where destin won't stick) lotrimin is what I used or if you go to the doctor they with give you Nystatin. My friend is a big believer in Gentian Violet. It is purple, but I have seen it work. Daphne had a rash constantly when she was around one. We thought she might of had a food allergy but you never know. Hope some of this helped. Good Luck!
I was going to mention Butt Paste, but it looks like you've already tried that. Carson got one with blisters once from a little food poisioning and that was all that would work. Also, our doctor recommended not using wipes, just a washcloth with warm water. Don't they just seem too young to potty train? Our Ped told us this week that we need to start, but I'm with you...I just don't think it's time yet! They're growing up too fast!
Yeah, I was going to mention the yeast infection too. Call your doc asap. Good luck!
I just realized you don't have a doc here. Your insurance will let you go out of network for extra won't it?
I was going to say the same thing as the post above. Are you positive that it's diaper rash. Oliver hasn't had any really bad diaper rashes but one time he had a super bad rash and it would not go away. I did some research online and figured out it was probably thrush (or a yeast infection) I took him in and sure enough that's what it was. Once I got the cream for the yeast infection it went away within a day. We also couldn't use wipes during that time and had to rinse him in the sink because it would spread if you used wipes (but with poopy diapers I would wipe and then rinse.) Anyway, I would take him in also! Good luck... hope he gets better soon!
have you thought about teething? is he too old for that? the acid that breaks down the gums can stink the bum. also... is he eating acidic foods? hope it gets better
My poor buddy...this makes me want to cry...again! Do you need any help getting the medicine mentioned? I'm willing to foot the bill for anything that will help our little guy!
I would also think about the teething thing. Also I am a believer in yogurt for my kids. It seem to help with poop problems also try the brat diet( banana, rice, apples toast) that is supposed to solidify things if that is the problem. Just part of life. It stinks but Enjoy! Glad to hear it is getting better.
Gina, I really hate to see this sad picture of Eli. Please put a new post with a happier picture!!
Hey!! Let me first say BAG BALM is God's gift to any/all diaper/yeast/any kind of rash/dry skin/anything! Seriously - I have ALWAYS used it, and even my Mom always used it! It has been around FOREVER! I am not kidding when I say you will see a difference within a couple hours - it is that good. It comes in a green square tin. If you can't find it at your local pharmacy, go to your local IFA, farmer's market because it was mainly used by farmers for their cows utters... I know it sounds gross - but it works!! Seriously - Spencer has really sensitive skin and it was miracle goo for him! Also - when my dermatologist recommended using "Cetaphil Gentle" when washing it helped SO much! If you can't find the Bag Balm, I will send you some! I buy it in BULK!!
We used Neosporin when our baby had a terrible rash, and it cleared it up after 2 days...I was starting to get really worried because nothing else seemed to work...we tried lotrimin, desitin, and an anti rash, but the name escapes me. Johnsons baby lotion is an awesome preventative if you lather it on after baths. My sister told me about the lotion, and I thought, "yeah, sure," but it really helps prevent diaper rashes.
Blackburn is right about if it's yeast, though. We used Lotrimin for that, and it worked really well. Good luck!
Post a Comment