Feb 9, 2009

A Before & After....

I was tagged to post about my 6th picture in my 6th file....



When we moved in to our home here in Vegas, all the rooms were painted. Some we liked. Some we didn't. The room that would be Eli's was painted a sage green color. While, not a terrible color, I didn't like it much. Besides the crib bedding we had for him was green as well. that was just TOO much green.
This picture is mid painting Eli's room. It was a couple of months after we moved in. I was kinda into watching Top Deisgn at the time & I wanted to try something other then a solid color. I decided stripes would be fun! It was a crazy job to tackle. I would recommend investigating it thouroughly on a DIY website & buy all the propper tools recommended!! I didn't. & started the job anyway! I think I ended up taping a ruler {a whole 12 inches} to a level, and making stripes that way. little by very little. It wasn't fun. About 20 min. into the project I was thinking.....I need to stop watching Top Design...It took me about 3 days. But now at least I can say I did it all by myself! Here is the before & after.





So now......Mom, Sid, Sarah H, Vauri, Jenny B, Dayna:
TAG!
You do the same. Go into your 6th file & post your 6th picture & Blog about it!

9 comments:

The Blakes said...

Cute I did mine! Does Kim have a blog? So... plan a trip to Ca when I am there again! Miss you guys!

Da Bergs said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I love the stripes!!! GOOD JOB! Mine would totally be crooked!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Wow, you did an awesome job! I am lacking the creativity to choose and paint colors like that. But I love it. I bet that was a ton of work.

Nicole said...

That turned out so awesome, good job.

Anonymous said...

I love the stripes! It makes the room so much more fun! I didn't know you were so talented!

Amber Horspool said...

That turned out way cute! You're so talented!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the stripes! I want to do this in a hallway someday. NO WAY would I ever attempt to do it myself though ... you did an awesome job!

Molly Malia said...

hey gina send me your address so that i can send you your earrings!

mollymaliam@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for sure that would be fun to visit you! Maybe sometime in early April! (March is a little crazy for me). Oh, and could we hire you to paint our house.....